ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Regeneration Lab

The Regeneration Lab Discuss Nerve support formula for nerve regeneration in the General Discussion forums; http://www.realfoodnutrients.com/NEU...nformation.htm This might be the answer for those of us with neuropathy. It's efficacy has been confirmed by scientific studies....

English (US)  Español (ES)  Francais (FR)  Deutsches (DE) 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM

http://www.realfoodnutrients.com/NEU...nformation.htm

This might be the answer for those of us with neuropathy. It's efficacy has been confirmed by scientific studies.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Wilson:
This might be the answer for those of us with neuropathy. It's efficacy has been confirmed by scientific studies.
Rob, the studies on this site referenced are not "FDA approved" studies, which may be a concern for some. I believe these are the same papers I referenced in a related topic -- studies published by Japanese researchers.

Thx for sharing, though. Are you taking this stuff now? Has it helped? Pls keep us posted.

For what it's worth, I've heard good things about B12 methylcobalamin from patients, though they were not spine patients. It will be interesting to see if folks here find benefits.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
http://www.realfoodnutrients.com/NEU...nformation.htm

Rob,

Thank you for posting the link above. There is substantial research / evidence concerning thiamine (vitamin B1) and methylcobalamin (vitamin B12)—we need both of them for survival.

I took a peek at the ingredient list and it looks like it is packed with B vitamins, this is a good thing…

Vitamin B1 (thiamine) deficiency is usually seen in alcoholism and states of malnutrition. This can lead to what is called “beriberi” (peripheral neuropathy and muscle wasting). B1 is also vitally important in the breakdown of glucose into energy, and is key in a reaction scheme that produces a molecule necessary for fatty acid and steroid biosynthesis.

Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) transfers methyl groups in a vital pathway that takes care of homocysteine (which is bad news in elevated amounts). Pure vegans are usually deficient in B12. However, in individuals that eat meat products there is a 6-9 year supply that is stored in the liver.

Interesting thing about B12 is that is it made only by microorganisms. If someone is deficient in B12, there is a lot that can go wrong—anemias, a whole host of neurologic symptoms, dementia, etc, etc.

Thus, abnormal myelin sheath, which encases nerves and helps with nerve conduction and propagation of electric signals, is seen in B12 deficient patients. This is usually a result of malabsorption; however, other things may be responsible too. Demyelination is seen in disease processes like multiple sclerosis, for example.

Rob—the supplement looks good. It seems a bit pricy for a mixed B vitamin. Hopefully, this will help you! Keep us posted…

Quote:
Rob, the studies on this site referenced are not "FDA approved" studies, which may be a concern for some. I believe these are the same papers I referenced in a related topic -- studies published by Japanese researchers.

Thx for sharing, though. Are you taking this stuff now? Has it helped? Pls keep us posted.

For what it's worth, I've heard good things about B12 methylcobalamin from patients, though they were not spine patients. It will be interesting to see if folks here find benefits.
It’s not a matter if the study itself is “FDA approved,” as over-the-counter vitamins and “dietary supplements” are not tightly regulated by the FDA because they are not classified as drugs, but as foods.

The FDA’s roll is to ensure that these products are safe. Ephedra, anyone?? Thus, reports are now required for severe adverse events. Review and approval of dietary supplements (vitamins, herbs, etc.) was not required before these supplements went to market in the past—this will be changing in 2010. The tricky thing is that the FDA must prove that a dietary supplement is unsafe before it is able to act and restrict the product’s use. So…in most cases, the drugs are already on the market and in the shopping carts of consumers.

In the past, dietary supplements could also claim whatever they wanted on a label. However, this is slowly changing as well. Finally!

Funny story…we had the “God of Pathology” give some guest lectures to our class. He brought up a very good point about the mentality of Americans and vitamins—“Well… if it’s good for me, I might as well take two more. What the heck.” He went on to say that “Americans have the most expensive urine in the world.”
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Harrison - Yes I am taking this product. I have only been taking for 10 days but seem to notice some improvement. I am very serious about this product. I will give it a try for min 3 months.

Justin - thanks for the valuable info.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Old 09-20-2008, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info Rob. I miss your calls and you sound good.

Justin - - - - - Funny!

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5