ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Cops with adr?? (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12039)

Boxer78 03-08-2013 08:39 PM

Adr

Yea I'm deciding between bierstedt and clavel right now. I have Skype w clavel Monday so we shall see?? And if it's a go I have to make sure my job even allows this kind of hardware. Uggghhhh!!!

Lillyth 03-08-2013 11:32 PM

Wait. You mean they can tell you you can't do it?!?! :chainsaw:

Boxer78 03-08-2013 11:56 PM

Adr

Yea meaning if they feel it's a liability to put me back on patrol then can just if u do it u can't work anymore!! So I have to meet w police docs to discus suxxxxx

Lillyth 03-09-2013 03:44 AM

Is that a state by state thing? Because there are definitely cops with the M6.

jss 03-10-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98303)
Brutal now I have to roll the dice on my whole life and career

Boxer, as your decision will affect the rest of your career, and as a European surgery would see Worker's Comp shooting you the bird, I'd encourage yet another avenue. Though he's out of state, and though I'm certainly no ProDisc advocate, I'd encourage you to find a way to pursue Dr Zigler at Texas Back in Plano, TX. He's a world renowned ADR research surgeon that is widely published, profusely cited by his peers and adored by his patients. I'd challenge you to find on the internet a single bad outcome had at his scalpel. If I found myself in your position where my only option was a US ADR surgery, I'd be on Dr Zigler like Oprah on a pot roast.

Best of wishes Officer, Jeff

Boxer78 03-10-2013 01:31 AM

Adr

Thx for advice really appreciate it!! The problem also is that non of the docs I've seen say the herniations are bad enough to cause my symptoms???? Non reccomend any treatment??? It's insane. I'm on fire constantly and refuse to take meds to band aide situation which starts causing mental problems!!! So that is what has pushed me to seek help from clavel etc. idk total disaster for me

Lillyth 03-10-2013 07:08 AM

Worker's comp won't let you go overseas? Are we sure about that?

Boxer78 03-10-2013 08:47 AM

Adr

Its really what the department sees as a liability and a fusion def retires my but ADR may not just have to find out since its never been done on my job

Lillyth 03-10-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98349)
Its really what the department sees as a liability and a fusion def retires my but ADR may not just have to find out since its never been done on my job

You mean just not in your department, right? Can you find someone else in the state who has had it done?

If you need help drafting letters, please let me know. I will have four days next week where I will be doing nothing but lying about lazily in a bed while my husband and son gallivant around some beautiful European city. :D

newleaseonlife 03-10-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillyth (Post 98347)
Worker's comp won't let you go overseas? Are we sure about that?

I know AIMIS takes workman's comp cases, so I would like to assume that some of the other overseas doctors do too.