ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   When do you feel normal + Hybrid C-spine (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13218)

Tresher 07-19-2015 06:54 PM

When do you feel normal + Hybrid C-spine

Hi all,

I am five weeks post ADR C6-7 and fusion C7-T1. I guess this post is asking a couple of question, first at what point in time did you start to feel like a totally normal person again post-surgery? I am back to work tomorrow, I have a desk job so I am hoping I am going to be able to do what I need to do. I feel quite good, still taking some pain meds at least once a day, but I am able to do most things as long as it is not heavy lifting.

Secondly I ended up with a hybrid procedure due to the fact that C7-T1 didn't have enough disc space for a second ADR. Has anyone had the hybrid procedure, done medically or on purpose, and how are you doing now?

Harrison 07-19-2015 07:15 PM

A wide range for people here would be two months to two years -- seriously. The cervical patients recover much more quickly, in general.

What diet changes have you made? What anti-inflammatories are you taking?

Tresher 07-19-2015 08:39 PM

Harrison

What diet changes have you made? What anti-inflammatories are you taking?[/QUOTE]

I haven't made any diet changes, I have a very healthy diet in general, my background is in nutrition. As far as anti-inflammatories are concerned, I am not taking any, with the fusion part of my surgery NSAIDS are not allowed as they inhibit bone growth. At least that is what my neurosurgeon as told me. The only thing I am taking now is tramacet.

Cheryl0331 08-13-2015 11:53 AM

true but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tresher (Post 111519)
What diet changes have you made? What anti-inflammatories are you taking?

I haven't made any diet changes, I have a very healthy diet in general, my background is in nutrition. As far as anti-inflammatories are concerned, I am not taking any, with the fusion part of my surgery NSAIDS are not allowed as they inhibit bone growth. At least that is what my neurosurgeon as told me. The only thing I am taking now is tramacet.[/QUOTE]
Even with fusion it's okay to use nsaids for two weeks, no more than that.

Stonewall_Boris 08-13-2015 12:19 PM

I found that while in Germany my wife's and my IBS problems settled down a lot. It wasn't a week that we returned home that it flaired up again. I did some research and learned about the GMOs in the foods we eat and have tried to stay away from them, more organics. Also started drinking goat milk kefir.

Jerry5 08-31-2015 07:43 PM

Ibs

Try Active Cultured Yogurt, the real stuff, it will list the Cultures on the side.

Greeks Yogurt, Chobani, are what we have here locally.

Good Stuff.

Need to make your body balance.