View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 AM

Default Impending Surgery - Conflicting Views

Guys any advice would be very appreciated right now. I am scheduled for an ADR at 5/6 with M6 on the 14th June. I have been looking forward to getting this done and the prospect of being out of pain. Tonight I had a phone call from another Neurosurgeon I saw after he reviewed my recent bone scan (I saw him to get a second opinion and he ordered the bone scan). He said after looking at the scan he cant identify exactly where the pain is as there is evidence of inflammation at many levels so he would not recommend surgery? This is in direct contradiction to what the Neurosurgeon (who is performing the surgery) this week recommended. He looked at all of my scans and said it was a "no brainer" that he perform surgery at the 5/6 level and do an ADR? So my question is, has anyone else been faced with surgeons all looking at your MRI's, bone scans etc and diagnosing different things? It appears DDD is a very grey area and the conflicting views, advise etc is scary considering my surgery is only days away. I thought getting a few opinions from different surgeons would put my mind at ease but it has only confused me more. Arghhh!
CT SCAN 2012
Tried Chiro, Physio, Ortho, Pain Management, Medial Branch Blocks, Botox, Radiofrequency Nurotomy,
Another MRI 2013
CT Scan 2013
C5/6 ADR with M6 scheduled for 14/6/2013