View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 03:24 PM

Dermot,

I had initially inquired with Ritter-Lang group (Berlin), Dr. Bertagnoli (outside of Munich), Dr. Clavel (Barcelona), and Dr. Bierstedt (Hattigen & Recklinghausen, Germany).

I do not have much information with Dr. Zeegers so I really can't comment, however I heard some positive outcomes so I feel that you probably would do well to investigate others who have more familiarity than I. I would recommend that you "do" send your information to other doctors, as well. I feel that I was very fortunate that my choices led in his direction. He does not have financial or personal ties to any one device, and he did inform me before surgery that he felt that it was possible that he might have to substitute another ADR (or even a possible fusion) for my C6/7 level because it had completely collapsed upon itself.
I am happy to say that he was able to use the M6 (my original hope). The Medicos rehabilitation was very thorough using both isometric exercises and massage stimulation. I attended about 5 therapy sessions per day. Each day I had a muscle massage, ergotherapy - retraining for posture and cervical position, lymph drainage (a gentle massage of the surgical site - really helps the healing and lessens scar tissue), physical training - isolated isometric exercises, plus I daily met with a Medicos doctor and nurse for any medical assistance, bandage change, or medication follow-up.
The environment was very nice. The Medicos rehab facility is a multi-level environment attached by a walkway with the Marriott Hotel. We had a very nice room and meals available (3x day) for both my husband and I.
I know I should probably post all of this on the surgical outcome site, but I will do all that when I get back home - which will be tomorrow night!
I hope that I can give you some background information, but I'm sure that Dr. Zeegers provides a similar type of environment. If you would like...you may PM me and I would be happy to give you more information.
Good luck to you. I feel a little better (muscle wise) every day. I'm looking forward to having my life back.
Laura
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6