View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 AM

Hi Don,

Surprisingly, I had the same response from Dr. Bertagnoli. My original diagnostics indicated a stressed level at C3/4. Only Dr. Bertagnoli suggested the pre-payment for the 3 level - just in case. Dr. Bierstedt felt that he would make that decision in surgery, but felt that it more than likely would not have been necessary since the intervention at C4/5 might de-stress it. He did not charge me for this "potential" level, but indicated that if necessary, it would be 3000 euros additional (slightly less than Dr. Bertagnoli considering US conversion). Also, payment is made directly to the hospital and ONZ (Dr. Bierstedt's surgical group practice). Dr. Bertagnoli's wires go to an offshore account in Cypress (???) My concern was whether I would be reimbursed for a level that might not need surgery - or would I get the surgery anyhow.

I was fortunate that Dr. Bierstedt felt the level did not need intervention. His philosophy is that surgery should be the last resort and the level appeared better than expected once he corrected the other.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6