View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Unhappy frustrated

I went in for my pre op yesterday and asked my surgeon about getting ADR even though he said I was kyphotic. He said he "could" do it but it would be stupid. :/

But then in my consult with his rude PA she tells me that I may need to have further surgery because of the level of the fusion and so my question to her was ... well then why not do an ADR on at least the top level.

I just don't understand. I actually called back today to talk to the doctor but spoke to her instead. I feel like if I rush into this I'm making a huge mistake. I'm fine with a fusion if I can at least understand the "why" behind it. I understand I'm kyphotic but at this point I'm not trying to have him fix my curve. I told her that if he could fix it then why wouldn't he at least do the top level. I said "mentally" it would alleviate at least somewhat of my issue with the surgery. She then stated that the doctor was treating me "mentally" to which I said oh yes he is. I have to be happy with this decision because I'm the one living with it.

Just very confused and stressed beyond belief. Ready to just cancel my surgery but I'm in pain all the time and I'm in my 30s. I appreciate all the advice and hope that I can talk to the doctor in more detail about this.