View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Default Postponed surgery and thankful

I never was allowed to talk to the doctor - only his PA. I was told ADR was stupid and then the day before his PA called to say that he was considering ADR for 5/6, 6/7. I then questioned why the bottom levels. My concern was that having four levels fused left me with no options. She ended our conversation stating that the doctor would wait until he opened me up in surgery to see if he could use ADR. I told her once again that I needed to speak to him directly. I never did and I cancelled the surgery.

I then followed up with another doctor in Atlanta who told me I had made the best decision. He voiced the same concerns that I had about surgery. I believe that if your "gut" tells you not to do something you better listen. I still need surgery and honestly when I was told I needed surgery it was for not even 30 days later so I didn't have the proper time to research. It sucks but you have to be your own advocate. I was scared, sad, frustrated and I felt alone in my requests for a detailed explanation.

This site has help me greatly and I appreciate all the advise and well wishes.