View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Default Biersdadt vs. Clavel

Bikersdadt said 3 level adr.
I have an update after having Dr. Clavel look at my films.
Here's Clavels recommendation
Quote:
Quote:
´The right sided leg pain may come from both levels L4-L5 and L5-S1 as well as the low back pain.
Unless the low back pain is high in the lower back I would stick to doing L4-L5 and L5-S1.
L3-L4 shows some degeneration but preserved height and is not ruptured.
To mention he has a steep sacral slope. These type of spines, specially if this level has undergone a previous surgery, are not best for artificial disc replacement. Instead, an anterior fusion may be better.
We may stick to doing arthroplasty at L4-L5. Keeping motion at the cranial (highest) level is what really matters.
So after seeing the Biersdadt crew in person in NYC and having Malte Peterson recommend a 3 level ADR, i now have a 2nd opinion.
Peterson says might as well have L3-L4 done and Clavel says leave it.
Clavel says fusion at L5-S1 and Peterson says ADR.
In all honest opinions i've read that there is very little motion at L5-S1 and i actually agree with Clavels rec. more

Any advice?
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy