View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:45 PM

Default Lumbar L5-S1 Pro disc

Ok here I go, my Journey starts May 12,2014 at TBI, I have been approved for ADR surgery to have my L5 S1 replaced with a pro disc. I am a Fireman and I hope this will work for me as I love my job, I work for a large southeast city. My story goes like this Two years ago I suffered an injury on the job were I ruptured L5 S1 and occluded my S1 nerve this caused some atrophy in my left calf. I felt great after a discectomy for about two months then all the numbness and tingling came back, after some screaming to have another MRI, they found the disc was now bulging on to the nerve again. they said I could just leave it or they could go back and do another discectomy.

OK I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I started to do some research on this matter and found this place, and what great place. so I did a lot of research on the guy's in Germany. I was hooked I wanted to go out there but I could not fund the surgery. nor would workers comp. So I got on the phone and I tried to get on any type of trial study. but that did not pan out. I went and saw some other Doc's with my own money and the first one said fusion, and the second said discectomy. Then I found someone talking about TBI. I called a few weeks ago and sent the my film's. I made an appointment and flew out. They were super nice. they say I will be able to have a ADR installed.

So why my post? I just want to post what is going on with me so if any one else is in a similar situation they might be able to get some info. also if anyone has any suggestion/advise that might help me they can post here. well to all Thank you in advance for your advise and have a great Day. Richie

Last edited by Harrison; 04-23-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Title viewing ease