View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 PM

Unhappy Facial Asymmetry Due to Injuries

Hi there. I am still relatively new here. One thing I didn't share, a biggie, is that some of these injuries have effected my face, and how I talk greatly. I began unintentionally isolating myself, telling myself lies, like it will get better soon. That was 5 years ago and it has only gotten worse. It's very embarrassing for me. I want to get it all fixed after surgery on my cervical injuries.

Has anyone else suffered from facial issues due to their injuries?
Has anyone else become so self-conscious that they couldn't be around people because of this?
I am doing better now. I am forcing myself to get out there, and what not.

I need my jaw fixed, and teeth straightened (they've shifted, and I had to have some pulled because an orthodontist and my husband talked me into a Herbst appliance---nasty device and I was wearing it when my late husband threw me across the room using my mandible), and possibly some plastic surgery.

*I think the facial issues were sustained from being thrown across the room by my mandible while wearing the herbst appliance.*
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis

Last edited by Renee771; 09-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.