View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 04:11 PM

Default Yes

I was shown the compression on the cord by the Midwest Spine Institute. I have sent my MRI to San Francisco surgeon, and a place in Florida that does disc implants and also my pain doc have all expressed concern over me having ANY kind of small accident because it could be "detrimental" because of the cord compression. Surgeon on Monday that denied me pointed out the herniation's in T1 and T2. The osteophytes are huge.

I had an EMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Renee, has this been diagnosed as a palsy? From your tests, are you sure it's because of nerve compression from the cervical area? Brachial neuritis is not something seen every day among spine patients. I've seen it (occasionally) from infections. In my case, the infection from the intubation procedure started in the throat, and fanned out into other areas like the brachial plexus and even cranial nerves. On a similar note, you may know that Lyme disease often presents in the cervical spine. Bells palsy presents in a very obvious and troubling way in the face.

Bell's palsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.ilads.org/lyme/primary-ca...n-brochure.pdf

I read that you've had multiple injuries, I am sorry. Have you had an EMG?
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis

Last edited by Renee771; 09-02-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Forgot about EMG