Thread: Michigan C5 C6
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 08:05 PM

Default Michigan C5 C6

Hi from Michigan. I woke up 7 weeks ago with a herniated c5 c6 disc. All the docs here in Michigan seem to be predisposed to fusions. Found Dr Fiani and he'll do ADR but he only uses the M6 and I'm a little bit worried that discs complexity could be an issue with lasting 30 or 40 or more years. Also M6 means of another level needs adr later you might be stuck with acdf because the m6 is only approved for 1 level. I'm not sure if another doc would put another disc brand at another level if it was ever needed.

The docs at beaumont will only do adr on the absolutely most perfect candidate. But then they only do 5 or 6 discs a year they told me.

The thing is all of my symptoms are almost gone. The mri tells another story about a big hernia pressing my spinal cord and nerve root.

I set out looking for a microdiscectomy surgeon but there are even less of them in Michigan than adr docs! I would gladly settle just to have the disc material removed but no one will even entertain that thought even though I see youtube videos of docs in other states doing exactly that.

Anyway hello forum.

Last edited by PhysicistDude137; 05-01-2024 at 07:07 PM.