Thread: Spider bite?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM

Ok, I decided to try and get in to my dermatologist today, as I was not convinced it was shingles. They fit me right in once I explained my rash, and its rapid spreading. My dermatologist looked at it and said, it's not shingles. It's poison ivy! She also took a biopsy of it and I'll have those results tomorrow. She put me on some stronge prednisone to kick in fast, and a strong, topical cortizone cream. She also told me if I don't turn a corner within 24 hours, to fill the script she gave me for anti-biotics. So, I feel better knowing what it really is. I was gardening up at the cabin, but didn't think I was anywhere near poison ivy. The trees are barely leafed out yet up there, and no ground cover was leafed out yet. I was planting native Minnesota grasses like blue stem, along with a variety of other perrenials. I remember pulling up some runners to make way for my plantings, and can only assume now that those were the runners from the poison ivy. Smart. Not. I also remember wiping my neck and brow a lot, from the sweat. Double dumb. So, there you have it. Surgery is still on for July 2nd. I called to ask them to change the date, but she said only for an emergency. I wasn't sure wanting to have one last weekend over the 4th of July with my family constituted an emergency in her book, but it certainly fit the bill in mine! That's it. Sleep well everyone or......good morning, if you're across the pond!
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!