View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 AM

Hi Paulette,

Today I am 4 weeks post-op and the thought of carrying a baby is a bit overwhelming...I can still feel discomfort in my incision if I eat too much! I suffered with my back problem for over 13 years, but was managing to live with it until 4 years ago when I started to quickly decline...incidentily, that happened to be shortly after I got married. My husband and I were very active through our 3 year dating period, we even taught ballroom dancing. We had to stop teaching about a year and a half into our marriage.

So, the long answer to your question is, I'm enjoying my husband and I getting our lives back first, and I am looking forward to being active again; at least for a little while before we try to get preganant. But, we can't wait too long because I am 37. I think my OB/GYN will be ok. We are in a University town, so most of the docs in town are usually open to working with other docs, especially if it is with something they aren't familiar with....yeah, I know it's hard to imagine doctors without big egos

I'm glad the info is helpful and I hope this will help someone else consider children who may have thought their chances may have been hopless

JULIE

If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.