View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 AM

Thanks, MS, for the support and info. It is amazing what a difference it makes just to hear other's stories. Thank goodness for this forum and all those that participate (and yes, you, Harrison for starting this!).

My best new move is tightening my glutes BEFORE any bending, leaning, or squatting. It really buys me time and saves my back from otherwise nearly instantaneous complaint. I figured this one out for myself. I will definitely check out the NYT article. Your PT guy sounds great - very innovative.

I believe my first serious surgeon consult will be with Kenneth Light in SF. I am relieved to know of some good discogram folks. Thanks MS and Charles!

I am 6.5 months in on my worker's comp, so I feel a bit of pressure to figure out what to do, so all info is good for me. I need to know if I even am a candidate for ADR, and if I put myself at risk for greater complications or exclusion by waiting (from a leaking disk, scar tissue, chronic inflammation etc.).

It's amazing how life can change in an instant.

Thanks again to the masses. I read a lot of what is going on, but as I am new, my contributions are few due to lack of knowledge on the subject.

G'night

MsLizzy
Epidural: 2/10
PT, massage, but mostly movement modification
Still off work