View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Gene View Post
Firstly, I want to thank everyone on this site who advised me to stay away from Stenum. I contacted Sue and cancelled my surgery there this morning. I want to especially thank TPatti and Newleaseonlife who advised me to look into AIMIS. I have some good news. I spoke to Claire this morning. They now offer the M6!! They also offer the Baguera C which I am told is similar to the M6 in that it also acts like a shock absorber. I haven't wasted any time. I already sent all my documentation to AIMIS and hope to hear back from them within a week. What is also nice is that they have an in-network surgeon who lives 90 minutes from me at home. He does not have to be the surgeon who operates on me. They all work together as a team, especially when it comes to follow-up care. On a final note, I haven't ruled out Dr. Clavel. I believe that Medical Tourism is sending my info to him. I specifically requested the M6, and they indicated they would be forwarding it to a surgeon in Spain.
That is great!

DO be aware though that the Baguera is, according to Dr. Clavel, "a very unforgiving disc". He said he used one ONCE, and hated it so much he took it out and put in an M6 instead. He said it is very easy to make mistakes with and you could end up in WAY more pain. He had to reoperate on said patient and do a revision.

If you decide to go with AIMIS, do make sure the doc operating on you has used the m6 before. Dr. Coe was going to have to learn on a cadaver if he was going to do my surgery.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.