View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 AM

It's fast because I write and hit SEND. I don't reread and just live with all the typos (which probably makes some people crazy... including myself if I read it again... ok, sometimes I *have* to read it again, but try to leave my thoughts and just fix the typos. I obviously didn't reread anything here).

I didn't know I was a Texan until after I moved there. LOL The "Don't mess with Texas" (actually at least started as a campaign against littering) slogan has a lot of meaning. Leave us alone, we want to do it our way, which is to keep as many individual rights as we can. (There's more, and <coff> it does vary a bit from town to city.) The common claim is that Texas is the only state that includes the right to choose to secede from the Union in their state constitution. I don't think that's actually true, although it does say "All political power is inherent in the people ... they have at all times the inalienable right to alter their government in such manner as they might think proper." It's that notation in the constitution along with the often repeated 'legend' that Texas is the only state specifically 'allowed to secede' that sort of defines the general attitude. In reality I believe all states have the 'right' but I think Texas is the only one that flaunts that.

So, we shall see where things go with Obama. So far, I'm somewhat pleased with the direction, which scares the heck out of me! (Welcome to my life.)

Now I'm very interested in seeing what others may have to say. (Yeah, some Texans also listen, but while rubbing the well worn handle of our favorite handgun... mine's a glock 17.)

Deborah

C3-5 fused 2001
Hub: C3/4 fused 2001
Hub: TDR Prodisc L4/5, Fusion L5/S1 on 3/3/2009