View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 08:02 AM

The nerve block did not work and still have a nerve problem on my left side upper thigh. My doctor (Dr. Yue ortho) believes it is the siatica nerve pinched or pressing on something and sent me to a PM Dr, the PM Dr. felt it was the periphereal nerve but followed through on Dr. Yue decision to have a selective nerve block done. This worked for two weeks and I am back to were I started.
I hate that both doctors have different opinions. The PM increased my neurontin on 8/7 from 300mg daily to 1200mg daily, after selective nerve block did not worked upped it to 1800mg daily and will continue to up this until I see results which in his opinion I will.
This increase started yesterday and as a matter of fact my husband said just this morning that I seemed out of it yesterday and is very concerned about all this medicine. I go back to Dr. Yue the middle of the month so I will see what he suggests. I just wish both doctor would just talk and decide what is best together.
Any thoughts, opinions? Also I am still on 150mg daily of tramdol. To make matters worse a week ago Friday I must of twisted my upper body wrong and have muscle spams happening from above the ribs up the shoulder and continues up the neck until it stops behind my ear. They also but me on two muscles spasm medication for that one to take at night and one for during the day.
I realize I am so much better off than most people on the board, I do not need narcartics, but I am so tired of taking medication and especially now it is so hard to keep track of all this.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06