View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Dear Dave,

I do have to admit when I am wrong at least to some extent. I do include many of my biases in here. There is a member by the name Lillyth who had 6 levels of the M6 put in here by Dr. Clavel. She is living a relatively normal life now. Had she listened to U.S. doctors, she would probably be in a wheelchair.

As Frank suggested, get multiple opinions from both U.S. surgeons and European ones. If you do go to Europe, consider what I said about the medical tax deductions. Believe it or not, that was a large part of what I wanted to discuss in a PM being a C.P.A. I also wanted to mention that my U.S. surgeon would look at your MRI films at no cost to give one opinion without you having to travel. I also believe that Frank and others will agree that if you go to Europe, stay away from Dr Ritter-Lang. There is an entire thread in here called nightmare in Stenum.

Lately I am focused on the negative, given the isolated incident of Vicki_In_Florida. However, it's you and your wife's job to read through these boards and form your own opinion along with those of the doctors you see.

Frank, thank you for being blunt, it helps me out when my opinions get lopsided. One thing I want to point out though is that it's not necessarily about suing to use a surgeon in Europe, it's that many patients on these who've had surgery in Europe have had difficulty finding doctors in the U.S. for follow-up care afterwards. Dave, whichever way you want to go, you can PM me for support.

Best of luck!!
Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C