Thread: M6 surgeons
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 AM

Default M6

Hi!

Thanks for your post. I live in California yet I would have to travel out of the country to get it. Maybe I should just bring the M6's with me. Frustrating for sure. The plane fare alone is staggering—somedays I considering selling a kidney to pay for all this! J Have you read any of the posts by Marti from Benicia? She lives close as well and went to England for exactly what we both need (multi-level ADR @ C5-C7).

I’m curious how you know that some of your pain is caused by facet joints? Also, did you have a metal allergy test or you are just aware from past reactions/exposure? Just this week I asked my doctor to give me a prescription to be tested. It blows my mind that a lot of surgeons will just “install” an ADR without testing the patient first. I cannot fathom having such an invasive procedure to then discover that the one thing I thought was going to be my cure exacerbated my condition.

We think alike-it is comforting to have another option (fusion after ADR or ??). I daydream about an injection like the “discogel” where the damaged disc is removed through a small needle and a gel is injected that will restore my disc height and release my nerves from this relentless squeezing!! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I would love to hear about what progress you are making.
C5 ruptured
C6 Bulge
7/2011 epidural that caused a "fragment to present itself"
10/2011 C5-C6 Foraminotomy & removal of fragment
Positive for left-sided Hoffman's reflex
Effacement of anterior spinal artery