Thread: Posture Pump...
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 05:17 PM

If you get this let us know how it goes. There's a big difference between exercising when you've already got good posture, and exercising while trying to undue messed up posture due to chonic pain. I've been working really hard with my rolfer to help undue my curled in shoulders and head hanging too far forward. We are making progress but it's painful and after rolfing I have to practice walking with better posture so hopefully one day it becomes natural again. I was well on my way to some of those little old people's horrible bent forward posture! I also do a lot of work on increasing range of motion of my low back by doing bridges and simple pelvic tilts to get used to neutral spine. I do this both in pilates and PT. I used to have a really tight band of tissue at my low back greatly limiting movement and my Hwave machine treatment made a huge difference in breaking up that stuck tissue.

good luck. whatever you do, this machine looks interesting.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop