View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 AM

I haven't seen Ken's tips on surgery. I'll do a search for them. I'm scheduled to return right after me stay in rehab ends, but if I'm physically feeling great I'm going to extend my stay and do some traveling.

I'm definitely going to chronicle my stay. I'll post up reports here with my (hopefully) astounding recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Boris View Post
Ian,

Congrats on the decision. That's one hard thing to get through. I somewhat understand your relief, but for me it my relief was when the plane took off, that was my point of no return.

Like yourself, I don't think you can not go wrong with Dr. Bierstedt or Dr. Clavel.

Did you get a copy of Ken's tips for surgery in Germany? A must read before you go. It lists a lot of things that previous patients have commented on. As well, some good suggestions on places to see in Germany if your well enough. Unfortunately we didn't get to see those, I was well enough to go to Paris with my wife for a few days!

The post op facility, Medicos and Courtyard Marriott are located at the Veltins Arena https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veltins_Arena Veltins, I learned after a week there that Veltins was a popular local beer. Then, later I learned, it was a very good popular local beer!

So, at the end of your stay, with doctors permission, hoist a tall one! That's something I did, and I venture others on this sight that went to Dr. Biersted did as well.

One thing you might consider is uploading a journal to YouTube or facebook, I'd love to see yourself, Dr. B, Malte, Hattigen hospital and Medicos people again!
- Torn ligaments in SI joint
- PRP injections at SI joint
- Tarlov cysts on sacrum
- Lumbar stenosis
- L4/L5 ADR Feb 25, 2014 with Dr. Bierstedt.
http://iansroadback.blogspot.com