View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Question Still Wondering...

Thanks for posting folks. Bob, no problem with the “soap box” thing, that’s what this board is about – discussing important issues.

Not sure what all the negativity is about – but I do need to explain a few things. There’s been a great deal of misinformation about this board in the past few months, but I’ll let it go. I don’t have the energy to wallow in that mud right now. So:

- There is no surgeon that is “backing” this forum. The Arthroplasty Patient foundation has two board members who are surgeons. And more doctors are joining this year. These doctors are simply not involved in the operations of this discussion board. Frankly, they don’t have the time; I don’t know think they have the interest.

- My role as the editor and journalist is to provide information from patients, journals and other sources; that’s why I put the FAQ on Stenum together some time ago. There were many people hurt within a period of two years; I simply consolidated the topics thereafter as a service. As there appears to be fewer problems, there are fewer posts by me on the subject. It’s really that simple.

I am not a spine broker or consultant. I just want people to get back on their feet and get back to their lives. I get no fees by referring business; neither does the non-profit Arthroplasty Patient Foundation. Any and all of this information is communicated on the corporate tax return, which is of public record.

And honestly, it’s up to you guys to figure out what doctor you should see. I just wanted to know more about the meeting in Atlanta. Was it a seminar? Or patient consults?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate