View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Guess that's me screwed for the Germany ADR route, i had assumed it would run to about $20,000 or so, not as much as $40,000, someone is clearly making a lot of money out of our pain!!

Will look further into the Thai/far East option, anyone have any specific surgeons names??

Liz,

You are correct in that Micro-D is supposed to only deal with the radiculopathy pain, and apparently not the underlying back pain itself, however i had both back and leg pain last time and the Micro-D cleared both up (initially!!) in term of the decompression link that you sent, i did read quite a bit about this first time around, however from the research that i did i found little solid evidence that it actually worked (it's also very expensive...again it seems these people/organisations are not shy in profiteering from others misery! i actually phoned one joker..sorry provider whom refused to even give me any prices for his service!!! he incidentally was also apparently a Chiropractor (another area i could go on a rant about, they have in the past cost me a fortune, and though i can't say they are all the same, i in general view them on a par with snake oil sellers!!

I actually tried a inversion table which is in essence the same thing, it didn't do a lot for me, however if you have a large portion of prolapsed disc, then what can you expect from hanging upside down for 15 minutes!

With regards to making the decision to undertake the operation or not, it's a tough one, many studies show little long term difference between individuals which undertook the op and those who did not, however other studies show that the most success comes to those that have early intervention after the onset of the injury/prolapse I.E within a few months, the first orthopaedic surgeon i saw, stated after looking at my MRi, that left un-treated he would expect the prolapse to look almost identical after 2 years, however i have read studies which have showed that the body can re-absorb the disc material to some extent, if given sufficient time.

surprised no comments re:

http://www.nrimed.com

Take a look at the videos, it looks like a bloody miracle...what's that about if its too good too be true.....etc etc.....!!

Neil.