Thread: New Member Here
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Default New Member Here

New to this site. Just wanted to say hello. Here is my story and timeline.

1) Herniated disc 1989 L 3-4. Extreme pain down the back, right leg, Sciatica etc.

2) 1990 Lamenactomy/Disectomy L 3-4 (No fusion). Surgery performed by Dr. Dillion Kerlan Jobe. I was 20 years old at the time of the operation. Experienced immediate relief from surgery. 43 now.

3) Recovered well and had no issues for about 15 years.

4) Since about 2005 I feel like I have been declining. Hard to get through ther day. I can't tie my shoes sometimes. Sitting is my nemesis ( I am in pain as I write this now).

5) Done PT, Chriro and everything else under the sun Try to work out as much as possible. It seems like the more I move around the better I feel. But that is a slippery slope as you well know. Move around and try and live life and then pay later in the evening or the next day.

One interesting note. I met Doug DiCences (formerly a major league baseball 3rd baseman) last year at a golf tournament. We were talking and somehow the subject of bad backs came up. Turns out he had all the same conditions to a "T" that I have. He was consulted by his Dr. at Kerlan Jobe that told him to go to Germany to have the disc replacement (at that time that was the only place to have it done). He had his surgery 11 years ago. He said he feels great and is without issue.

I would like to find out if anyone in CA that has United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO-High, has had any success?

Sincerely,

SufferingSurfer

2) 1990 Lamenactomy/Disectomy L 3-4 (No fusion).

3) Recovered well and had no issues for about 15 years.

4) As of 2009 to present-Stenosis, 3 Herniated discs, & Degenerative Discs. Issues are at L1-2;L3-4, L4-5 & L5-S1.