Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 05:04 PM

Default Hello!

Hello ADRSupport,

My name is Josh. I'm 40 now and have had back issues since I herniated my L3-4 and L4-5 23 years ago (17 y/o at the time) lifting weights. In the last 18 months my symptoms have gotten worse, much worse in the last few weeks. I have some back pain from stenosis but mostly leg pain. I'm investigating ADR after being told that I need a discectomy at L4/5 by one surgeon and a laminectomy and discectomy at L3/4 and L4/5 by two other surgeons.

I have not had any back surgery yet other than 4 injections in the last 14 months.

I am apprehensive to get the laminectomy as I understand that they can cause instability. Hence, I am investigating ADR.

I have sent off request to Dr. Clavel and Dr. Bierstadt to get their recommendations for my condition but have not yet received their responses.

I have the following questions for the group and would be delighted to gain from the experience of this board:

1) Do any board members have experience with discectomy and or laminectomy?

2) Do discectomies last and are they effective?

3) Do Laminectomies cause instability?

4) Does having a laminectomy preclude one from getting ADR in the future?

I look forward to meeting the members of this group and appreciate any information/experience that you would like to offer.
Thanks,
Josh
-Currently have severe leg/low back pain
-Diagnosed with spinal stenosis in addition to herniations
-Scheduled for a 3 level laminectomy on Oct. 20th 2016
-Looking for Best 2 Level ADR option/Surgeon