Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 AM

Default Help

Hello, I'm a 18 yr old student who has been suffering from bulging discs and DDD for the past 6 years. It all started with a misdiagnosis because my incompetent doctor refused to beleive something was wrong despite my constant pleads. It eventually ended up that I was diagnosed with 2 bulging discs in the L2-L3 and the L4-L5. I was told multiple times by my doctor that it was merely a soreness or backstrain, but since i was playing football and lifting weights since then i knew this was different.

However, since my insurance (anthem blue cross California) is and remains utterly useless, my condition worsened dramatically and as of recently I have had to stop lifting weights and even walking has become a task in itself. This is what my latest MRI reported as of 06-26-12

As seen with my latest MRI report, this is what was stated:

Diffuse spondylosis is seen with the lumbar spine without evidence of spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis. Disc desiccation is noted at L3 through S1...

continued

T3-T4: 2-3mm right paracentral posterior disc bulge effaces the ventral surface of the thecal sac without evidence of canal stenosis.

L2-L3: 4mm posterior disc bulge effaced the ventral surface of the thecal sac, resulting in mild canal stenosis.

L3-L4: 3mm posterior disc bulge effaced the ventral surface of the thecal sac, resulting in mild right and moderate to severe left neural foraminal narrowing.

L4-L5: 4mm posterior disc bulge effaced the ventral surface of the thecal sac, resulting in mild to severe bilateral foraminal narrowing, in conjunction with facet joint hypertrophy.

L5-S1 6mm posterior bulge effaces the ventral surface of the thecal sac, resulting in severe neural foraminal narrowing. Posterior annular tear is seen within the intervertebral disc. Mild canal stenosis is seen.

That's my story