View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Default Germany Fusion

Hi All,

This is the dilemma many of us are dealing with. I goto Germany often for pleasure and business and recently had the opportunity to talk to a surgeon about my spine. He mentioned the only part that concerned him at the moment was my neck and that he would recommend a fusion. I asked him about ADR and he mentioned that if I were his son that he would push me to fusion as he was not sold on the viability of ADR. This surgeon is a friend of a family member and would not charge me for his time, only the hospital would cost me. This eliminates the thought that he only wants me to do fusion because he is not skilled at ADR, there was no money in it for him anyway. Proves that not everyone gets fusions in Germany and I believe that fusion is still widely popular there. This surgeon has done work on members of the German National Soccer team as well.
Without FDA Doctors have much more flexibility on what they use. They cannot easily get sued. Having said that when my time will come for surgery I still favour the concept of ADR and if that is what I want and believe that the M6 is the best device for me than I have no problem going to Germany for this surgery. I follow many of your stories here and appreciate all of you for doing great follow ups for the rest of us to make the best possible decision.

Good healing for all of us.

Cheers

Mark in Ontario, Canada
Pain/numbness/tingling since 2011