View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 11:34 PM

Hi all, thanks for all the great feedback! Recovery is an interesting internal challange. I often wonder what will being 100% look like. I don't expect to leap tall buildings or go faster than speeding bullets, I do hope to carry a backpack, climb mountains, work all day swinging a hammer.

All day today I was keenly aware of every little twinge, pain or stiffness. Looking for that sign that says go or no go. It would be great if I could just go down to the mail box and get lifes instructions... Today I am alittle more rational, tho still pretty excited about the possibility.

Bill, good observation, I posted because of some apprehension. I think there may always be some of that, something to do with knowing I've got that steel and plastic in my back. The recent flare-up weighs heavily. Normal folk might consider apprehension as gaining wisdom. I don't think I qualify for normal or wise ;-) I expect to experience some discomfort. So I ask myself how much is too much? If it puts me down that would be too much.

Poncho I am a volunteer NOT a racer! (those folks are really nuts - I've thot a bit on the kinds of things that can go wrong, with me and with them. I darn sure don't want to be the one that gets evac'd! I got a fair bit of experience with winter emergency care during my ski patrol days. The support folks ride in pairs and it will be important that the other(s) know my condition and respect the pace I choose to go.

Mariaa, ouch is ok, &(*&&*& $#%^%& !!! is not :-)

Laura, thanks !!!!

Chris, 14 days, you better be taking it slow! at least for another couple of weeks ;-)

Richard, you always make me laugh, right to the point!

Time to go sort my gear and check over my machine.

Scott