View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default Well. Wow!

I can’t speak for others, but I can understand what may be happening here. I can only relate this insurance issue to what happened to me during the long and arduous filmmaking process.

Back in 2007, when I first announced the “Getting Back on Their Feet” film project, I was happy that a handful of patients volunteered to be interviewed. After many months of coordinating the interview appointments (in patients’ homes), two people canceled – because of their concerns about insurance coverage. As well, one of patients had surgery and was already reimbursed for the ADR procedure! She was concerned that the insurance company could potentially come after them and shake them down for the cash…

I finished all the filming last year. And most of the editing as well. Thereafter, one of the interviewees decided not to be part of the film, and was insistent on being removed from the film entirely. Why? I am not sure. Could it have been because of insurance reasons? Maybe. I’ll never know. But it sure set me back many months...and many dollars that I didn't have.

I asked, and still ask, that people send me their documentation of winning appeals/reimbursements so good people like you don’t have to deal with the run around. As well, I have a confidentiality process in place to ensure people’s personal information is protected.

Folks, if you have any documentation, please email or PM me and we can talk. I want to help all of you!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate