View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:21 PM

I've been lurking for a few days and I figured it was time to say hi. I injured my back at work lifting a box about 6 years ago. What started out as a muscle pull has progressed into what looks like a disc replacement at L5-S1 sometime in the next few weeks. I'm 46 years old and also suffer from depression which I've been on meds for 15 years off and on. Over the years I have seen a couple of Neurosurgeons. The first one diagnosed an inflamed sacriliac and prescribed ibuprofen and pt. the second a couple years later said because I smoked and was overweight there wasn't much he could do. His bedside manner sucked. I left in tears. I learned to live with the pain which came and went. During all this time I had several injections, p.t, chiro, and acupuncture with little or no relief. About 6 months ago the pain cycle came with a vengence and just wouldn't go away. My husband and I saw something on the local news about a new procedure and with a little help from the internet we found Dr Jeffrey Kleiner. After a facet injection and a positive discogram and a ct scan Dr Kleiner says I am a good candidate for a Prodisc at L5-S1. No word from our insurance yet but we do have Aetna (thank god). I'm scared, can't sleep, can't eat but I have quit smoking and lost a few pounds. I have a GREAT husband/patient advocate. Without him I wouldn't be where I'm at.
Dee
PT, Chiro, Acupunture, traction
discogram 07-08 positive
ADR surgery to be done
09-08
L5-S1