View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Wow! What a wealth of suggestions! Thank you so much! Boy, my list of to bring and to do yet is growing rapidly. I hadn't thought of speaking to my OBGYN about my BCP regiment. I'm really not so sure about going off of them because part of why I take them is because I wind up with extremely heavy flow and tons of cramping pain if I don't take them and have been on them for years. However, I just jotted down as a "to do" item to call them just to make sure. I actually got very lucky with regards to my cycle. I hadn't thought about it at first because I'm so regular on the pill that I take it for granted a lot. I had a mild panic moment about 1.5 months ago after using the ladies room one day when I realized how hard it would be to deal with that while having trouble bending for using the restroom. I quickly looked at a calendar and calculated which week it would be and I'm JUST missing it by a couple days. Boy did I give a sigh of relief!

That's very interesting what you said about having a relative there regularly. I was talking to my boyfriend about things because his work schedule changed recently (he's working a tennis camp in addition to giving private lessons but free briefly in the evening) so we were trying to figure out how things would work to even get me to the hospital since I don't find out until the day before what time I should get there. Anyway, I will be talking to my parents on the 21st so we'll map out a plan then. They planned on coming down to stay at my house for a bit to help me out once I was discharged, but I may have them come down sooner and set up my sofa bed for them. If they're down sooner it would make discharge day easier since I have no idea what time of day that would be.

I'll also look into having a grabber ready ahead of time. Is there a specific type of store I should look at for such things?

The mention of the hospital booties reminds me of how horrific they were when I went for my discogram. They assumed my foot size without bothering to ask and of course gave me a pair that were way too small. I asked for a larger pair but they never brought any. Unfortunately the assumption that my feet are "normal" sized doesn't work because I wear size 12 women's shoes. *sigh*

Thanks again for all the advice. Wow, so much to do yet.

thanks!

~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!