View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 AM

Pretty much what everyone else said. Better care, cheaper for out of pocket, and better discs, not to mention insurance won't pay for more than one level.

My understanding about Dr. Dare is that he is the protegee of the late Dr. Boree, who was also a prolific surgeon. My interaction with his was great, I liked what I was able to glean about him via email, he cares genuinely about his patients as people, and a really cool bonus, he reads these forums, so hopefully if I got anything wrong about him he will correct me. I believe he is newish to the field, but got the impression he knew his stuff.

IMO, I would NEVER put a Prodisc in my body, but then, I am a freak of nature and not your typical case. Also if you are allergic to nickel, you do not want it. Go with the Bryan if you do a stateside ADR. The Bryan has shock absorption, while the Prodisc does not. All the docs in Europe are using the M6, with a few exceptions.

And a poll would be great! Can we get that going Harrison?
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.