View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 AM

Default Business

You have to remember that surgery is where the doctor's make their money.
It's their business. Most are great sales people and can make you believe in them but...does that make them the best doctor for you? Is the disc they are using the best disc for you?
Is the procedure they recommend the best one for you? Are they recommending what's best that's FDA approved or just what's best?
Why would a US doctor tell you that the M6 is the best disc when it's not FDA approved?
They want your money to stay in their office and not fly overseas, where most of the doctor's we talk about on this site have "hundreds" of these surgeries under their belt.
My first visit to my US doctor who wanted to give me a Charite in 2005, I would have been his 13th ADR surgery. Gulp!! Plus, that was the first year that ADR's were approved here but...I couldn't get insurance to cover it. I lived with chronic pain for ten years and finally had Dr. Boeree do my L5-S1 with an M6-L.
Dr. Boeree was such a great loss because one conversation with him put you at such ease.
Experience and confidence is what sold me on him.
It's been 15 months since my surgery and I haven't had one set back. Haven't taken a pain pill since day 4 of surgery. Now, when I look back on it, I'm grateful to be fixed and kinda annoyed at loosing ten years of my life to chronic pain. At least I'm better now.
If I had to have another ADR done, I would have Dr. Dare do it.
I've spoken with him and I'm very confident that I'd be fine in his hands.
Those ten years of dealing with US doctor's really opened my eyes up to how the system here works and how far behind the times the US is when it comes to back care.
My doctor just had way more experience than any US doctor had and he showed me more care and concern in one phone call than I had in many years of seeing US doctor's.
I would never have another ADR done in the US.
That's just my personal feelings. I had such success, I'd have a hard time not going back overseas. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
I have my life back and I just don't trust the doctor's here now.
Thank God for the forum, finding this place lead me to Dr. Boeree and to getting my life back. I know now to not just listen to the doctor because he's a doctor. I read about any medicine or procedure they want to give me to educate myself FIRST. I want it to be my decision too.
Your smart for going on the internet to educate yourself. Keep doing that and best of luck to you. I hope God leads you to the right decision