View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM

Lightbulb Dr. Pimenta - Zyga Glyder Facet Resurfacing System

I am looking for input with respect to Dr. Pimenta, his supporting staff, etc. and I especially would like to hear from those patients who received the Zyga Glyder Resurfacing System.

http://www.zygatech.com/glyder.php

As noted on their site, Glyder is "currently under clinical investigation outside of the United States ..."

In March of 2009, I had 2-level lumbar laminectomy with discectomy that left me disabled with extremely high pain levels and zero options outside of pain management in Alaska or in the United States. I expanded my search worldwide for a solution and in June of 2010, I underwent 2-level artificial disc replacement (M6-L) with a different surgeon in Germany. While my condition improved significantly afterwards, my activity level is still quite limited - due in large part to severe facet degeneration, which pre-dated artificial disc replacement.

Dr. Pimenta is one of the few surgeons I have found who offers a facet joint resurfacing option (Dr. Bertagnoli offers a facet implant system that is also under clinical investigation).

If you, or anyone else you know, has experience with the Zyga Glyder Facet Resurfacing System or with Dr. Pimenta and his team ... please provide your input.

Thanks!

K
L4/L5 M6-L ADR; severe B-FJA-S; posterior decompression
L5/S1 bilateral hemisacralized; B-FJA-S

Procedures or Diagnostics
3/09 L3.L5 Laminectomy; L4/L5 w Disectomy
7/09 FJI, Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (4 L)

4/10 Discogram

6/10 L3.L5 M6-L ADR
8/11 L4/L5 Epidural Steriod Inj (L)
10/11 CT Myleogram
12/11 Medial Branch Blocks (8)