View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 07:49 PM

I'm in Michigan as well and there is a lack of doctors who do ADR. I went to ortho surgeons at beaumont and was told they only do 5 or 6 artificial discs a year.

I found Dr Fiani and saw him last week. When he saw my mri he like the beaumont doctor said fusion. But then I asked about ADR and he said that could be another option with considerably less recovery time than acdf at c5 c6. But geez why jump right to fusion in the first place when adr could have me back to recovered in 6 weeks versus 6 months with a fusion...?
Fiani only offers the M6 and that disc looks really complex compared to the others. Complexity usually leads to more issues as a rule of thumb. So I myself found a few other docs in Michigan who do adr with with other discs and I'm trying to get appointments now.

Don't give up. There are docs in Michigan but seems like the state prefers fusion.

When I asked the beaumont fox why not adr and why fusion all I was told is that I don't meet the criteria. What criteria? I have no idea because that's all they would say.

I guess that's why they only do 5 a year.