View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 PM

Cynlite,

I loved Dr. Clavel, his staff, his head nurse and everyone at the hospital. They always responded to my emails both before and after surgery... My questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner allowing for the time difference from here to there. Post op, my local neurosurgeon, who was totally unfamiliar with the M6 agreed to see me. He had CT Scans & MRI, after which, he informed me that we needed to remove the M6 immediately that they were pressing on my spinal cord. Mind you, I felt fabulous, better than I had since the auto accident, however his words terrified both me & my husband. I immediately contacted Dr. Clavel, overnighted my MRI & CT Discs - he followed up upon receipt to inform me my M6 discs were exactly as he placed them and they were NOT pressing upon my spinal cord. One year later I flew back to Barcelona for a follow up visit where once again I was very imprssed with QuirĂ³n Hospital, DR. CLAVEL & his staff. New films were made, DR. C reviewed them, saw me and declared I was in great shape. Mind you it has now been 2+ years since surgery and I feel wonderful.
Hope this helps alleviate any concerns regarding DR. C & his staff.... One thing, we Americans are impatient and want immediate reaction - most Europeans respond differently, maybe at a slower pace than we would expect them to, but they typically respond in a reasonable timeframe. I found DR. C to be both compassionate, caring and skilled and would not hesitate to refer him.
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks