Thread: m6-L questions
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Matt,

Here's my list. It comes from a combination of personal experience, reading posts on this site, and from weeks of research I did preparing my last insurance appeal.

- Pablo Clavel, Barcelona, Spain - Aside from the fact that his patients gush all over him on the internet, on Nov 25, 2009 he gave me my life back with a two level M6-C.
- Luiz Pimenta, Sao Paulo, Brazil - He is a world renowned spine research surgeon that has decades of clinical experience and is profusely cited by his peers. The few patients I've conversed with love him to death and I've never read of a bad outcome under his scalpel. Though his practice is in Brazil, he is known to perform surgeries in San Diego.
- Christopher Dare, Hampshire, England - While there have been only two of his patients on this site (both would go to him again), he was the understudy of the late Nick Boeree. We know not a lot about Mr Dare, but as the understudy of the most highly spoken of spine surgeon to which I've had any exposure, Mr Dare warrants consideration.
- Jack Zigler, Plano, TX - A world renowned and extensively published spine researcher that is profusely cited by his peers. He is the only ProDisc surgeon of which I've not read of producing a bad surgical outcome. Because of his experience in the ProDisc FDA IDE trials and his former investment dealings with Synthes, he's possibly the most capable ProDisc surgeon in the New World, if not the entire planet.
- Willem Zeegers, Bonn, Germany - A world renowned spine surgeon with about 25 years of experience in ADR. His patients love him and it is very unusual to find a bad surgical outcome at his hands. On the down side ... he is a paid representative of LDR, so you're only going to get one of their products.

I don't doubt there are a great many ADR surgeons as good as these gentlemen, but these are the ones that I've observed that seem to reliably and routinely turn out a steady stream of excellent outcomes.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011