View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Three level ADR pain

Just passed three month anniversary of my C.4thru C7 Mutilevel ADR. Still have shoulder pain and cannot lift my arm. I have been doing therapy twice a day and pool sometimes. But still can't lift arm from shoulder. Seems to weigh a ton. Also shoulder pain on walks. On the positive side, my insurance covered almost half of the costs of the three level. What a pleasant surprise when I got the mail today. My doc says it may come back in a year but shoulder will never be the same. That was not encouraging. Even with all the deltoid exercises, the shoulder muscles are still atrophied. I would do it again though. It's better than being completely paralyzed by not doing anything. I do not think it is anything the doctor did as Dr Clavel said it was C5 palsy which happens to about 5 % of patients. Has anyone else out there had C5 palsy after surgery. Maybe I could get some advice that would help. Thanks!
May need lumbar later as I have had 6 injections. They do help. Also had Physical Therapy. Just had 3 level cervical discectomy with C4-5. C5-6 C6-7 ADR but have severe arm pain now. Waiting for X-ray and Dr Clavels plan.