View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Default itemized deduction and credit due

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Jack, you raised some good points and thanks for sharing the details. Here's another thought: do you really think that they are intentionally overcharging?

What I've experienced personally and observed on this forum, medical billing is often messy - with mistakes made all over the place. You could be right, though, so let us know if you find out anything else....

So how are you doing? Maybe you can update us in another topic!
I tried to link to photobucket but was a no go. I'm a little weak on computer stuff as there was no computers in the bulk of my life and am self taught. Also tried to fax but didn't work either. Maybe this will work. http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/t...fusion%20bill/

A couple things I found when going over the bills with the white out:
Back in October I had an MRI. Our insurance has family deductibles, individual deductibles, in network, out of network, preferred providers and I'm sure there are others. All of which make it hard to keep up with exactly what is my part of the fees. I paid $554.00+- as I assumed was my part. When I saw how little the insurance paid, I called both the insurance company and the hospital owned imaging center. My insurance said the radiologist who read the study was not an approved provider. Long story short with hours of waiting on hold I found out a resident signed the report and either had his name entered as the provider or his attending didn't co-sign the report as the insurance approved provider. The clinic said that it was their mistake and I should get a credit. Since the hospital doesn't send out credits by themselves, and I didn't make myself a note to recheck in a couple months I forgot about it. It showed up as an item on my surgery bill. I still need to get them to send me a check so they won't apply it to some unrelated charge.
Had minimally invasive PLIF with internal fixation on 12/28/09 for isthmic spondylolisthesis of L5-S1 (TDR contra-indicated) DDD at L3-4 & L4-5, All L-Spine doing well. Episodes of no pain at all. After being relatively pain free for 4 months, C-Spine gave up. MRI due 11-1

Last edited by Jack; 03-03-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add photo link