View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 PM

Gene,

Thank you for taking that constructively! Cudos to you for having an open mind and tracking back.

Dave,

1) Can we get the 2-level ADR with the Mobi-C reimbursed by BCBSIL? The current policy is to only cover 1-level. Can anyone help with the process?

Any two level is tuff to get reimbursed

2) Is the Mobi-C the right solution? I have seen no posts on this forum, or any forums for that matter regarding outcomes with Mobi-C. Why is that??? If anyone is reading this and can direct me to outcomes on the Mobi-C (that are not from LDR marketing/sales departments) please do. Also, a couple of "anti Mobi-C" micro sites have popped up recently on the web saying that the lack of cushioning and the unconstrained design of the Mobi-C makes it a poor choice. These are generated by folks connected to Dr. Clavel and Dr. Ritter-Lang in Europe. Whats up with that???

Clavel just to note is not with RL. Every surgeon has their preference for many reasons. I can say here for me at least that I would not want a NON constrained device. I believe they work but you would need to be in top condition muscle wise IMHO which most are not due to length of wait and putting off surgery as is typical.

3) Should we attempt to go to Europe and do a 2-level M6? Can we even hope to get BCBSIL reimbursement?

Yes there is hope for reimbursement. I did for my neck two level 100% less expenses but it was an emergency. Both surgeons here US agreed I was a (Great) candidate but did not do ADR. Major muscle loss, speech and swallowing problems, both arms affected. Im awaiting the Lumbar. Emergency as well Cauda Equina. Two major tears finalizing herniations while working out rehabbing for the neck. Still awaiting on the Lumbar outcome.

4) Are there any resources available from LDR or Spinal Kynetics that can help us with insurance? Do you guys have any NAMES/NUMBERS of people to talk to?

SK is no help with insurance. Again here, ADR may not be the best thing for your wife.

5) Even though two of the doctors said we haven't a moment to wait and need to get this done right away, are there benefits to waiting in terms of insurance reimbursement policies or maybe approval of the M6?

This happens all the time with the right away and wait opinions. The benefit might be that it would calm down giving you time to make a sound choice. M6 is a long way out in US. As time passes if her condition gets worse or collapses more ADR is out at some point. "(Annapurna)" Be cautious of muscle loss, swallowing issues and spacial awareness. A good indicator of really bad stuff (my experience) was that out of the blue I couldn't whistle then the swallowing and speech thing kicked in with more muscle loss and twitching.

If both surgeons and two of the EU surgeons all agree it might make sense to contact BCBSWW to see if you are covered. They might green light it as another on this forum did get the go ahead from BCBS for a two level..

Hope this helps. Keep digging for answers.

F
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition