View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Default Insurance

Dave,

I have some information for you about insurance reimbursement for two level cervical ADR. I have Aetna who also states in their clinical policy bulliten that they only cover one level. I have been appealing the decision as I need a two level. My surgeon (his staff, rather) and a company called MCRA has Been helping me with the appeals. We are waiting on the final decision from an external reviewer which should be any day now. If Aetna's denial is overturned and surgery is approved, I will be moving forward with the mobi-c at c5-6 and 6-7.

If Aetna's denial is upheld, I can opt to have them pay for 1 level and my husband and I will pay for the second out of pocket. A quote from my surgeon if done this way would be a little over 16k. This also opens up prosthetic choices since Aetna will only be paying for one, but chances are I will still go with the mobi-c.

There are other insurances now who are covering two level cervical. United healthcare, and Cigna that I know of. The mobi-c has been FDA approved for two level for almost a year, so it won't be long before other insurances change their policies to include it.

If you need more info on the appeals process let me know, it's been my area of expertise for the last 6 months.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015