ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:31 AM

Talked To Dr Desai about the fusion. He basically said he is required to say that before he does any operation, probably procedure. He then went on to tell me his main goal is to always give ADR and though he says Fusion is a possibility to all his patients before the operation, 95% of them he does ADR
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year
Old 02-27-2018, 05:38 AM

Just an update from me.
I have talked to both Dr Clavel and Dr Desai, they seem to be my final two choices right now.

I decided since I had another rougher year to get another MRI here in Asia, just got it this week. The Asian doctor (fusion doc) says not much has changed from last year though he just scanned the two MRI pretty quickly, didnt seem very thorough. Still says not ready for fusion at this point and though he is not an ADR doctor says it could help. In any case his opinion isnt too important to me, just needed to get the MRI

This year has been harder. Every morning wake up with a feeling I am going to snap in two. Daily 5 km walk and 45 min swim in the morning to loosen me up seems good, but must admit gets tiring to have to do this every single day, exercise is fine but damn gets tiring, if I take a break I got a 50% chance the back will blow the first day and a 75% chance if I wait two days.

Also last couple months have developed a dull ache in the middle of my back that never seems to go away, I can feel it more when i lie on my back as well. Legs have also started to get more aches, never had a lot of leg pain but these days they get tired fast and ache more. I have also noticed from time to time some of my toes are getting numb and thumbs as well, probably associated. I do know if I lay on my back to fast like drop down on it that ache in my back has a bit of a pain spasm and my big toe will instantly feel like it is falling asleep

In any case nothing good has really changed and things in my opinion are getting worse and not better.

I am sending my latest MRI to both doctors, going to have one more session with each of them via skype, phone etc and make my final decision. I had conversations with both doctors in the past but I would consider myself a rookie at the time and I have a lot more questions after I have researched things more.

I am still torn between LP ESP Disc which I personally like wiht Dr Desai or the M6 disc with Clavel. I think it will come down to this last session on which doctor I will go with.
As always love to hear any experiences with both doctors, especially lumber operations, I got three to replace the ones in my sig, the L5-S1 seems to be the worst you can barely see it on the MRI these days, l4-l5 and l3-l4 can be see but quite dark and flat, ones above it look great nice and white and healthy looking
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year