ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM

Default First time poster C5/C6 - C6/C7 simplify candidate

Well I have been watching and reading for nearly 3 years and I must say I've learned a heck of a lot about my situation and possible outcomes. I have been dealing with radicular symptoms for over 3 years and may be reaching the end of the road. I am a candidate for the 2 level simplify trial and am reaching out to see if I can find any others or some of the original disc Kineflex C recipients. I am at a crossroads of sorts. I could get the mobi-c thru insurance, simplify disc thru trial, or overseas the M6-C out of pocket. I have not reached out to any overseas docs as of yet just because I am leaning towards my neurosurgeon here in the states. He's been involved in several studies including the Kineflex and has been doing ADR's for 14+ years. I am confident in his ability. Harrison if you could send me the link to donate I'd like to make a contribution.
Severe foraminal narrowing C5-C6 / C6- C7 diagnosed via MRI 3 years ago. Progression in past year to Osteophyte making contact with cord. Mainly sensation issues on left. Not much pain just continuous discomfort. Recently sensations started on right side. Finally considering surgery.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:22 PM

That Simplify disc looks promising. If you can definitely get the ADR (vs. a two-level ACDF) in the study, I'd consider getting those.

Also, why pay the 45k to go overseas when you can get them for free here?
C5-6: Central right paracentral 2mm disc osteophyte fomplex. Abuts ventral cord with some cord flattening.
C6-7: Disc desiccation with broad based central 1.5mm disc osteophyte complex.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 AM

Default First time poster C5/C6 - C6/C7 simplify candidate

Agreed. I am a little hung up on the disc more than anything. Not sure I am in love with the non compressability of the mobi-c or simplify. Honestly when I brought that up with the surgeon he said that there is not solid evidence that it makes any difference in results of the ADR success. Likely just overthinking it. This is why I am here to get others point of view.
Severe foraminal narrowing C5-C6 / C6- C7 diagnosed via MRI 3 years ago. Progression in past year to Osteophyte making contact with cord. Mainly sensation issues on left. Not much pain just continuous discomfort. Recently sensations started on right side. Finally considering surgery.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:45 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of debate about this, but regardless of what you do, it's way better than getting fused.

There's no overwhelming evidence that the shock absorbing qualities will give you a better result. Over time the M6 probably will settle and you'll lose it any way.

The amount you'd spend overseas is almost a down payment on a house. Save your money, get the Mobi-C. It has a proven track record.
C5-6: Central right paracentral 2mm disc osteophyte fomplex. Abuts ventral cord with some cord flattening.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:16 PM

Sorry, could you please tell us what exactly you mean by 'probably will settle"? and what evidence are you basing that judgement on? I had not come across anything in my research which would lead to that judgement; what did I miss?
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona
Old 09-23-2017, 02:54 PM

The M6 has a nucleus-like core in the middle. It's only reasonable to accept that over time (think decades) it will lose some of its height and ability to cushion. It's like an older bed, eventually there will be a dip. I think this is negligible, but I hope that makes sense. Please don't take it for more than it is.

I am not a doctor, nor a scientist, I just think it's more than plausible.