ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:41 AM

Default Zeegers Final Report

I want to add a note to this thread. Dr. Zeegers cam back with a second final report that addressed my concerns and questions about his first report. He made several attempts to make sure I was aware of his new report and I want to make sure I give credit where it is due. I wanted to make sure I was comprehensive in my analysis of the International Analysis provided by Dr. Zeegers.

My opinion has not changed as to the usefulness of the report. It was accurate but did not provide any additional insight/information that I did not already know. I was a single level lumbar candidate so I was not a complex subject.

I will say Dr. Zeegers is one cool headed individual. He never once lost his temper or had ill-chosen words to say to me when I was at the breaking point of frustration.

I have lost respect for the medical profession over the past few years. They no longer value your time, talk down to educated patients, disregard your opinions, etc. Maybe the US insurance industry has partial blame. But I think with easier access to medical information and studies, doctors/medical staff resent patients educating themselves, and spew the line, "You can't believe everything you read on the internet." Well that is common sense, as well as you can't believe, "Everything your doctors says." Because contrary to what they think, they do not know everything and they are not God.

The best doctor is a humble doctor.

take care all......
Jim
ADR insurance appeal won in 2013, delayed surgery
2016 pain is now affecting quality of life. Contemplating ADR surgery again.

2016 delayed surgery again due to successful pain management with meds.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:25 PM

FYI, Dr. Zeegers posted that he was looking for a new assistant last week on his Facebook page. That might explain the delays he has been having recently. Glad to hear he got back with you and answered your questions!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 11-17-2016, 06:06 PM

I basically had the same issue with Dr. Zeegers. Lightening fast calling you after he gets the first email from you. But then it took something like 5 months before he gave me his official written report. And, the report basically regurgitated the information I gave him. It was a very expensive consultation with info that I couldn't really use to get myself better. He may be a brilliant surgeon, but his consultations leave something to be desired. He also quoted me one price (which I wired to him), but then asked for more money half way through in order to finish his analysis, because it proved to be more work than he expected. If you agree to something, then stick to it. Don't ask for more money to finish what you started. It's not the most professional thing to do.
1/2015: M6 @ C3-4
1/2017: Revision @ C3-4 (M6 replaced with new M6); M6 @ C4-5
4/2017: Posterior micro-decompression @ L4-5 & L5-S1
1/2018: M6 @ C2-3
8/2018: Revision @ C3-4 (M6 replaced with anterior fusion (no plate or screws))