ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:02 AM

The nerve block did not work and still have a nerve problem on my left side upper thigh. My doctor (Dr. Yue ortho) believes it is the siatica nerve pinched or pressing on something and sent me to a PM Dr, the PM Dr. felt it was the periphereal nerve but followed through on Dr. Yue decision to have a selective nerve block done. This worked for two weeks and I am back to were I started.
I hate that both doctors have different opinions. The PM increased my neurontin on 8/7 from 300mg daily to 1200mg daily, after selective nerve block did not worked upped it to 1800mg daily and will continue to up this until I see results which in his opinion I will.
This increase started yesterday and as a matter of fact my husband said just this morning that I seemed out of it yesterday and is very concerned about all this medicine. I go back to Dr. Yue the middle of the month so I will see what he suggests. I just wish both doctor would just talk and decide what is best together.
Any thoughts, opinions? Also I am still on 150mg daily of tramdol. To make matters worse a week ago Friday I must of twisted my upper body wrong and have muscle spams happening from above the ribs up the shoulder and continues up the neck until it stops behind my ear. They also but me on two muscles spasm medication for that one to take at night and one for during the day.
I realize I am so much better off than most people on the board, I do not need narcartics, but I am so tired of taking medication and especially now it is so hard to keep track of all this.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear about all that is happening Judy. I do not know your history nor am very good at diagnosing for people: Only relating my own experiences, take it as it is.

I had found myself at a crossroad between two docs: One a PM (Osteo) and one a neuro surgeon and neither of them agreed, neither of them spoke to one another. One would be the attending and one would argue with me what I 'needed' to be doing. I would be getting selective NRB's and the other would be prescribing more meds.

I found myself explaining what you are, a mess of dopiness and no results of what was really happening 'physiologically' (sp?)

Now, I do not know if this is really what is going on with you and I beg for forgiveness and humble myself for 'trying' to explain my messes that I have forgone before you.

What I have now? Is 6 years of paperwork, a lost life of pain, I cannot walk on my left leg too good and I am being told by doctor's to go back to the original ones because they do not want to touch me. I have had so much done to and for me that they don't know what is wrong and where to begin.

I know, but they do not know or believe me. I have supporting charts but they do not want to go there.

About the nuerontin? I started feeling pretty sleepy eyed and woozy at about 900- 1200 mg a day.

Again, I hope this was not too much info, take care
Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 AM

I was on 900mg neurontin and have increased 1200mg and found also to be very sleepy and their intention are to get me up to 1800 within a week. I am leaving for a cruise today and don't want to be sleepy so I think I will stay at the 1200mg and not increase until I get home. I am also on a muscle relaxer so that could be doing it do. I am suppose to take it three times a day and I think I will not take the lunch time one today and see if this helps. The last think I want to do is fall alseep on my vacation. I do believe the neurontin is helping even at the 1200mg I did not have any ain yesterday. Alos my husband is getting very nervous and is feeling that I am reacting very slow and doped up so we will see his reaction if I do not increase because I was also told it takes a few days for your body to adjust to the increase. So will see.

Thanks for info.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06