ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:11 PM

Smile Hi all.................

Hi everyone.
I hope you are all managing your pain as well as you can do!!
My name is Jonathon and I live in UK.
I had a road traffic accident in 1977 which eventually resulted in my having to have 5 left hip replacements at the Royal London Hospital,the last being in 2009.
Over this time my replacements "migrated" leaving me with a pronounced limp;which in turn has worn away at least 2 of my lumbar disks,(L4/5 -L5/S1).After several years spent searching for a solution,I came across an excellent site in UK,(www.adrsupport.uk)run by the ever-supportive Alastair,amongst others,who also posts on here.
Long story short,after visiting the site several times I identified a surgeon,Mr I.M Shackleford,who,after several years of trying an assortment of less invasive measures,including spinal epi's,caudal epi's,facet joint injections etc,is now about to perform a 2-level ADR on October 4th with my pre-op on 21st September.
The operation will be carried out courtesy of our National Health Service.
Anyway,that's my story,(so far),and I will naturally keep you posted as to my progress!
With kind regards,
Jonathon.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:07 PM

5 years later what was the result?. I too am possibly looking to get two levels with him. I assume it was two Activ l 's .
Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 PM

After 5 years,everything is pretty stable apart from a little right sided pain at the bottom of my spine,knocked all the space monkey pain killers off too,although I take a low dosage of duloxitine.
I do have increased bone growth over the (Activ L) implants, which was apparent after my last x-rays in Feb 2016, Shack has "never seen bone growth like it" but wasn't too concerned and reckons that my spine will "auto fuse" over time.
Seeing him in Feb 18 so we will see how much more bone has covered the implants and go from there.
Maybe that's why I have a little more pain-but no where near where it was prior to my op.
Good luck.

Regards,

Jonathon