ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:07 AM

Default New here - dizziness

Hello everybody!
I have just been diagnosticated with really bad herniation with a big protrusion, and I need a ADR C5-C6, C6-C7(this autumn I will have the surgery). I don't present big symthoms, very low pain, no numbness, nothing. The only thing that concerns me is that I am a little dizzi.It is hard to focus sometimes.(Maybe I am too worried about my situation). Did anybody, with big herniations, had dizziness before the surgery?

Thank you very much!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:35 PM

Siu,

Too many to list but:

Difficulties swallowing, speaking (forming words in throat), dizziness, chest pain, mid high back pain, searing arm pain down tricepts both sides, no real neck pain, loss of balance and leg strength to mention a few.

So yes you can get dizziness. It may be triggered by the neck or can be associated with anxiety as this goes hand in hand with these conditions. Mine was definitely due to the herniations. All passed within a few weeks of getting fixed.

F
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition
Old 10-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Default Dizzy?

I have cervical DDD. The odd morning I awake to severe dizziness, get out of the room hanging onto the bed then the door. Hanging onto the bannister to get downstairs then kind of throwing myself across the room to the couch. I'm assuming that during the night I move my head the wrong way and something gets pinched.
Goes away after sitting up for a few hours. It's happened too many times.
Up here the only fix is fusion, my doc says I will lose mobility in my neck and won't be able to drive.
My wife is two years out from lumbar fusion and the lower back pain is retuning.