ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

I'll skip to impression:

Two level moderately advanced degenerative disc disease

1)L4L5: Moderately advanced degenerative narrowing and dehydration of the disc is seen with the left paracentral and left foraminal 4mm disc protrusion abutting the transversing left L5 nerve and exiting left L4 nerve. Mild facet arthropathy is present. No bony stenosis is seen. There is marked sclerosis of the endplates, particularly the inferior endplate of L4 to the right of the midline, as a result of the degenerative process of the disc.

2) L5S1: Moderate facet arthopathy is present at this level and moderately advanced degenerative narrowing of the disc with endplate irregularites and sclerosis. 2mm bulge of the disc annulus is present without focal herniation, nerve root impingement or bony stenosis present.

3) L3L4: 2mm annular bulge and minimal facet artrhopathy is present without stenosis or nerve root impingement.

4) Hypertrophic arthritic changes of the superior aspect of the sacroiliac joints bilaterally without erosive changes present.

** I was thinking because of the L5S1 findings re the facet degen that I would not be a candidate for ADR plus what was stated on the L4 endplates as well as L5S1 endplates...

However, I also think fusing to the sacrum would be a pain because of the changes to the SI joints bilat (that I thought were problamatic ..re my symptoms)

Anyway, today I'm going to talk to my PM re diagnostic facet injects just to see what he thinks..
Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 PM

Maria: I have the same question as Alan vis a vis the difference between MRI and CAT scan with the same concern about whether I should have a CT scan. I wonder if I you could post which info appeared in the CT report vs the MRI report.
Thanks.
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6
Old 02-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Banned

I can put the MRI report for you a bit later tho suffice to say it only mentioned the bulges, and not nearly as much information at the L4 level, plus nothing about endplates, or facets so I think that is the biggest difference the latter two..
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 PM

Thanks so much, Maria.
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6